Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes

From the Cambell's Kitchen

3 T olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I will only be using two)
1 shallot, finely chopped (I will be using yellow onion b/c I have it on hand)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup water (I may try milk)
1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1 T red wine vinegar
2 T fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 cups hot cooked extra wide egg noodles (I will be doing about 2 cups of wheat egg noodles)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (they say it is optional...I say not optional whatsoever)

1. Heat 2 T oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides and no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.

2. Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir soup, water (or milk), tomatoes, vinegar and basil in skillet.

3. Return chicken to skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and sauce over noodles. Sprinkle cheese and thinly sliced basil if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment